Thread: A Pm I received
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: A Pm I received

[ QUOTE ]
I really think we should have consistent guidelines on suspensions and banning. Notice I said guidelines, not rules. Obviously there's a bit of interpretation in anything we do. But I do agree people should be treated similarly regardless of what forum they are posting in (putting aside OOT issues for now).

Personally, I think unless someone blatantly, intentionally, and severely violates the T&C that they should receive some type of warning via PM prior to suspension or banning. Now, what's considered blatant, intentional, and severe is up for debate. But I've personally never seen any post (in MTT or other forums I peruse) that is so severe that I would suspend or even ban someone without notice. Most of the time it's throwing out insults, name calling, etc. That shouldn't be tolerated, but I personally think a warning usually gets the job done. And if it doesn't it's tough for them to argue when they are no longer welcomed at 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I've never had to ban a poster in HUSH, a warning PM/edited post is the worst i've encountered.

Surf