View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Hand reading 201, part 1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....for a set, thats a weird, weird way to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain. I don't see why you assume he's going to checkraise with a set most of the time when he has no reason to believe you're going to bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, fair fair, he easily could have a set. However, I think he percieved me as betting every street, so he'd get a chance to c/r pop all in. To me, because I was not checking turns, a bet ment he wanted to dictate how much money went in, not me.

Once I raise the flop, I think he thinks I have top pair or a bluff, and sometimes a semibluff or underpair etc.
[ QUOTE ]

Your flop raise could easily be spades, a straight draw, or a combo draw that will check behind on the turn and take the free river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right (read above).

but also, since I was so LAGGY, isn't pure bluff in the mix there? A stop&go basically shuts all that element out, so for hero to push, he actuallys needs a big hand or draw. (or if he cold calls, it's likely a big draw that doesnt rate good FE) So to me it seems as a stop&go is both a protectionary and informative bet.

A set, once again, is a possible hand for villain, it just seemed a very low %. I also dont think he'd lead in smallish with a set on the flop, because Hero could very well just call here, whereas if he checked the flop, Hero would make a bigger bet into the pot...

*Really it's just if he played the flop differently, (either led more into the pot, or checkraised, or even check/called quickly then led the turn, which is typically a weak line as well) then his turn bet would mean more to me. It's just a matter of intrepretaiton.