View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: 88 in EP. (Stars $20 Deepstack) Oh, and i\'m a calling station.

Pre-flop: Limping and raising are fine. If I limp, I play for a set, so no hit no bet (if I hit I may slow-play), but if I raise, I will likely do a CB on any flop unless there's an ace with 4 callers (too much chance I will get called and I don't like to bet the flop and then shut down - this is for table image purposes, it's important that people know that when I bet, I am not sutting down, so if they only call, they will afce a big turn bet).

So given your raise and 3 callers, the flop is pretty decent to you, only 1 over and it's a J. I would CB, but if I don't I am not calling his bet, why would he bet 600 with air?

Turn - A second J and he bets semi-weak (this bet is enough to make you call the turn and also gives you the pot odds to call any river all-in if you call the turn, so I think that if his plan is to go all-in on the river because he has a good hand, his 1000 bet is perfect)

Why call here? I fhe has over, make him fold by re-raising all-in, if he has 99 or 10-10 (I would be surprised) make him lay it down also.

River - At that point you have to call.

I think Vilain palyed this hand very well!