View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: River aggression check-up

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're letting him off cheap be raising the flop or turn so he can fold. It looks like the type that will just run with his bluff. Let him. He could easily be drawing to 0-3 outs on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested in someone arguing the merits of raising the river as opposed to the turn. I like to mix it up and wait until the turn at times, but I'm not sure this is a good time for that play.

The read was that villian was LAGgy preflop, but more reasonable postflop, although he could be overagressive at times. To me, this means he probably overplays draws and pairs. I think the majority of the time villian has a PP or a flush draw, and a small % of the time has a T. Its a lot less likely he has a T and is c/ring you on this flop.

The reason I don't like waiting until the river is two things can occur. 1) A further scare card for villian could come out to stop villian from betting and we may not get a raise in on the river and lose value. (A heart, an Ace or King). 2) A lot of cards could fall on the river that won't allow us to rasie: a heart or an ace.

Now, we said villian is aggressive, but we don't know if he will value bet in the face of any river card and we risk losing out on a bet.

If villian has a PP, he'll call down our turn raise. People just won't fold PPs here (or ever for that matter). If he has a heart draw, we lose out on a river raise as he won't call it even if he bets, and he might just check fold.