View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: I just lost $400 on this hand - and I deserved to lose!

[ QUOTE ]
I'd pot-raise the flop, check the turn, and call/ half-pot a non-heart turn or river. What did YOU do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my plan was to do the same. Pot-size the flop, half-pot the turn, half-pot the river. Be careful of hearts.

What I actually did was flip 5 green chips out and make the flop 125 to go. MP tanked for a long time, staring me down. He asked me "Ace no good?" I just sat there, staring at the felt. After about 2 minutes, he finally folded. LP called quick. The river came non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] rag, and I moved in for about 225. LP tanked for a minute or so, finally called. I knew what he wanted to see.

The 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the river. Of course LP made a j-high [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush, and I was bust.

I lost this hand becuse I made a mistake -- I offered LP correct odds to draw to the flush on every postflop street. But my intent was correct: make a pot-sized bet on the flop, which would have probably won the pot. At the very least it would have offered LP bad odds to draw.

So my revelation is this: I suck at tracking the size of the pot in live games. I'm probably just too lazy. Makes total sense why I have such good results online but bad results live. Online, I know the exact size of the pot and all the stacks at all times. Live, I need to rely on my brain in addition to my eyeballs.

So this is what I need to work on now. Any advice? I'm thinking a lot of little home games before my next trip to the NL tgable at Trump.