View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Horrific Hollywood Park ruling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The instant cards hit the muck, they're dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I repeat myself a lot on this, but people keep saying it. The muck has no magical powers that kills anything it touches. There simply is no rule that a hand is dead for touching the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not where I play. Real life example: Villain is all-in against guy. River shows up (four to a flush), and villain disgustedly slams his hand face down on the felt. One card from villain's hand skips across the table and lands on top of the muck. Guy turns over crap. Villain turns over his remaining card for a winning pair. Dealer declares hand dead because villain's second card is in the muck through no fault of dealer - need two live cards to declare the pot. Floor is called, they back up the dealer - even though seats 1, 10, and the villain easily identified the dead card. No tolerance for players who don't protect their hand.

I've seen dealers sweep live cards into the muck from seats 1 and 10 who don't protect their cards. Even if player can correctly identify or name both cards, the hand is dead.

Who wants to get into this game of "that's my card right there" in the muck?

ScottieK