View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: What is PokerRoom 10/20 5-max like?

I compared the rake for PokerRoom 10/20 with Party.

First off let me remind some of you that BB = Big Blind.

PokerRoom is significantly cheaper for heads up play, saving $0.50 in many raked pots. You never pay more than Party.

PokerRoom is completely awful for 3-handed play. You'll pay an extra $1.00 in most 3-handed pots. This is absolute murder on game starters and quite possibly a major factor in the lack of game selection you guys are reporting.

PokerRoom, if you are reading this let me say that a $2 max rake 3-handed is just idiocy. Do you hate your own business? People who will play 3-handed are to be treasured because they are the ones who create new tables and save dying ones. I play a lot of 3-handed poker against the right opponents at other rooms, but I will definitely leave any Pokerroom table that goes under four players.

PokerRoom is slightly better than Party 4-handed. You will save an occasional $0.50 when the pot is under $40. For most of us this only happens when you play an unraised pot out of the blinds and take it down with a flop bet.

This tiny pot advantage still exists 5-handed but it is heavily outweighed by having to pay an extra $1.00 on all medium and large pots (>= $120 = 6 big bets).

PokerRoom has a large advantage over Party with 6+ players. You save $0.50 or $1.00 on a wide range of pots. Of course PR offers 5-max so most of you don't care.

But I care. I spend a lot of time at sites where you should stop being fussy and play whatever game the fish are playing today. So I'm used to the idea of mix-and-matching my tables.

How is the game selection for 10/20 full-ring at PokerRoom? Is it 9-handed or 10-handed?

What are the next steps up the ladder? I've sort of gotten the idea that you have to jump all the way to $25/$50.