Thread: Family pot, PPs
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Family pot, PPs

[ QUOTE ]

Good question. I think I might raise 22 if I have two opponents. At 3, I am losing much of my folding equity/non set equity. But, once we reach 5 opponents or more, I am raising again. I am
unsure about this stuff though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty significant mistake, IMO...for the same reasons that it is good to raise 7 from the BB in a family pot... these players will chase excessively and you will be VERY hard pressed to play your hand correctly post-flop.

Example:

Button limps, SB completes. You raise 33 in BB. (both opponents are your average loose-bad).

Flop: Q82. You bet, 2 callers. Turn is a 7. do you bet again? check-call? if you bet, and get called again you don't know if they have 9T or A2 or Q3. if you check and one of them bets, he colud have A2 and you folded the best hand.

It's just way too hard to play these baby pairs OOP, and the task of realizing your equity becomes even more difficult in a raised pot. If the pot remains unraised you can bet/raise when you think your hand is best and usually take down the pot without having to see a river.

Surf