View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: 2 Hands = No Clue

Both are interesting.

Hand 1: Although tricky, I think calling is substantially the best play here. Maybe a raise if you have the button, but not stuck in the middle like you are. MP3 could have a weaker A or AK or AJ or JJ or 88 -- you just don't know. And button could easily have JJ-AA or AK as well. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not all that confident you're ahead. At the same time, if you ARE ahead, then you're WAY ahead and there's little danger associated with giving a free card. So, call. And don't be too afraid to fold if there's a lot of action on the turn.

Hand 2: Preflop call is a no-brainer. Flop is close between a raise and a call, but I think a raise is better -- it may buy you a free card on the turn and it'll get you info on your opponents' hands. That turn card is ugly. Nice play by MP2 here with his 2 pair or made straight, since it puts you in a really tough position with the blinds and MP1 still left to act behind you (and charges those flush draws the max). Your hand is too weak to continue with that board. You're probably up against a bigger 2 pair, a made straight, or even flush (with at MOST 4 outs, which might not even be outs at all), and even if you are ahead, you're facing a ton of redraws.