View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Driving after drinking moderately; or, how do you know where .08 is?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here is a chart from the Dept of Health and Human Services. But, all it could take is one drink - so I don't risk it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that "all it could take is one drink" but I also see this type of thinking as a problem. People drink at bars and they drive home for the most part afterwards, that's a fact possibly a sad one for some people who have lost loved ones to drunk driving accidents. I think people should have some way of figuring out whether they are over the legal limit WITHOUT involving the police.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can buy a personal breathalyzer. If the chart is not good enough and this is a big concern, I would think this is a good option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal Disclaimer: I'm not a big drinker anymore. I was when I was in school, but I never drove then anyway.

I'm mostly curious about how you guys make the call for yourselves as to whether you are able to drive or not. Does everybody just say "Well, one drink down, I'm not driving tonight?"

If your answer to that is, use common sense, then I guess I'm looking for what your "common sense" rule is.