View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Bubble Hand in Stars 180. Stop and Go?

Here's a hand I had recently I'm wondering maybe the spot for a stop and go. For me it was an easy push, but a player/friend in my home game disagreed. He said he would call and then fire at any flop without an A or K on it (essentially a stop and go).

I'm at work -- which is deadsville, hece the post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] so I'm gonna have to create the HH from memory, but here's the situation. There's 20 left in a Stars $20, 180-person SNG. I've only had one FT in this and I got ninth in this. I'm determined to stay aggressive and shoot for the big money, not worry about cashing.

Blinds 300/600/75 ante
I'm in BB and get 66. My stack is ~9700

Villan is UTG+1 and raises to 1800
His stack ~10000 AFTER the raise.

My thinking was it was the bubble and if I push, he probably goes away. His stack size was vunerable mid-stack like HOH suggests. And I wasn't going to call another 1200, leaving me with 7500. Honestly, I never even thought about calling. However, that's what my friend immediately said he would do "but your're a lot more aggressive than me!"

Results, if that matters, are pretty obvious. Villan thought a LONG time and called with AK suited. I think my read was right, he would have laid down most other hands except for like, top 5 or 6.

Flop, interstingly was AQQ, which may have been purfect for a stop and go?

If you had elected to stop and go, would you follow up and push on this flop? The problem, I guess, is that if I was in the UTG raisers' seat I would think "if he had a Q, why would he push? I raised, he knows I will bet if checked to."..