View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: My Head is Still Spinning

[ QUOTE ]
Online Party 30-60. My stats on sb thru 650 hands are 20.3/11.9/1.71 and seems to play well.

Cutoff raises, sb calls, I make it 3 bets from the bb with JJ.

Flop comes 663 with two diamonds. sb checks, I bet, they both call.

Turn is an off A. sb checks, I bet, cutoff folds, sb check/raises. I'm suspicious he doesn't have an ace and re-raise. He calls.

The river is another 6. He checks, I check. I lose to KK.

Was I outplayed? Never mind. Of course I was.

[/ QUOTE ]s
This is a very suspicious checkraise. Once you bet the turn and the CO folds, the small blind has you all to himself and if hes smart he knows that the chances of you having an ace is much lower since an ace now hit the board. Many players would make this play with a flush draw or a lower pocket pair trying to get you to fold. I would not fold the turn and I would either call down or raise the turn and check the river as you did. Generally speaking if I have a hand of some value and I bet the turn and everyone folds to the last guy to act, and he then raises I usually call down if I have no read. Too many people like to take shots at the turn bettor when they know no one else will interfer with their plans, especially if they think the turn bettor is a tight player capable of folding some decent hands. I thought you played the hand well even if you were outplayed