View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 04:29 PM

Default The rating system

The way people on this site rate women is pretty close to retarded. Either people are entirely too picky (those people strike me as fat, pasty computer nerds that haven't gotten puss in months), or they are entirely too liberal. You will see a lot of comments like "OMFG she's totally hot I would eat the corn..." and in the same thread "Holy crap you guys are so desperate she's only a 3; great boobs, nice ass, pretty face, but her ankles are too big."

My friends and I have solved this problem. We have what we think to be a univerally appropriate 1-10 rating system. In many blind tests of the system, when shown the same girl, her point spread is no more than .5 between 5 or so people.

The key to the system is understanding that God made pretty people, and God made ugly people. You must create an appropriate image in your head of the AVERAGE GIRL. The rating system is the classic Bell Curve type.

That is to say, it is an exceptionally good day if you saw a girl that was >8, but you had a traumatic experience if you saw a <2. An 8 would be what most people would refer to as universally attractive. A 9 could potentially stop your heart. A 10 is perfect in every possible way, therefor, DOES NOT EXIST , nor does a 0. A 1-2 would probably be akin to what would happen if Janet Reno started doing crack, stopped showering, and got menopause-acne. Understand, a 2 should be rightly equivalent to an 8, "remarkably off the average".

Once you understand that the VAST majority of women are 4-6 (average), you stop hearing people saying "OMFG I SAW THIS CHICK TODAY SHE WAS A STRAIGHT 10 EASY!" My friends and I utilize the .5, and sometimes go into more definition (i.e. 6.8). But the important part is that when one of us says "I met a 7.5 today," we're all on the same page.

I feel it would do OOT a lot of good to reign in the outlandish ratings that currently are given out here.

Thoughts?