View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Paul Kammen\'s book

[ QUOTE ]

Damn you're lucky. I have been in this situation over 20 times at least and it always seems like I'm rolled lower or get caught. I recall losing a huge 20-40 pot last year on party where I had rolled aces, someone had rolled queens, and there was a guy who on fourth who had (78)9 K, and caught us both with a rivered strait. It was capped the whole way aside from when I got raised on the river by that rat. I think I even made a post about that and asked Andy to do the math for rolled versus rolled in the same hand. I believe he calculated it was 27K-1 or so. Anyway, from Andys analysis it dosent appear I'll be getting this book anytime soon.

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another bad beat story from Mike Emery. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike, If you're already rolled, the chances someone else is are close to 1/425.

The chances of two rolled hands at the same time is close to (1/425)*(1/425).

In all seriousness, did you throw up after that hand?

The thing that Sara has made me realize is just how important ante structure is. Based on this, I don't think any book really does justice to the topic. In 7CSFAP, they talk about a 5/10 game with a $1 BI, and a 10/20 game with a $2 BI. These are both quite different from what is currently played.

The bottom line:

Andy needs to write a book... Maybe iamastud will let you consult with him.