View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Quieting down my aggression and become more passive

[ QUOTE ]
raise with AKo and the flop comes Q 4 9 two suited. And I have no backdoor flush draw. In front of me are two passive opponents. If my opponents are not tricky and are somewhat calling stations where do I draw the line? Am I better off betting than check / calling? I'm more inclined to bet. Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you check? What would indicate that they have any part of this flop?. Bet, your folding equity is great here.

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty clear that I'm not going to showdown enough - my Went to showdown is around 31% - 32%. Therefore where I'm going wrong? My guess is that I should be calling instead of betting the turn with my marginal holdings if a scare card falls. This would solve two things:

[/ QUOTE ]

Your goal is to win money. Not to go to showdown.

I had a period for whatever reason that I got a bit timid. My winrate dropped to 1bb/100 but my W$SF % went up to 3%.
Soon as I changed back to being more aggresive my BB/100 went back up. Won less pots but more money.
My usual aggresion factor are around 3.30 for both the turn and flop. When I went timid it dropped down to 2.50. At times I maybe am too aggressive but I think it is better then too timid.

[ QUOTE ]
Therefore I think a lot of the time with TP or a marginal holding on the turn, I should be trying to see a showdown more than often and that means I should be check/calling out of position, to stop being raised on out of pots on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet top pair unless somebody lets you know you are behind. Check allows players behind to draw for free. One of the biggest mistakes you can make.