View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: BAY101 players and room

[ QUOTE ]
Most likely means "I want to see that hand" and I've experienced that at Bay101, but not as frequently as the OP suggests. I find the games at Garden City softer and prefer to play there FWIW.

Onaflag.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Softer.. wow, I'll have to check GC out. I've never played, but have had dinner w/ the wife there a few times. I just can't see it being much softer....

an example hand that I just loved...

I get dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in CO. 3 Limpers to me, I raise, button (very aggro so far) calls 2 cold, SB folds and everyone else calls.

Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets out, one caller, I raise, button calls 2 again, BB folds, UTG+1 and other caller (MP1-2) also calls.

4 players now (pot is 10ish BB)

Turn : 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me. I bet, button raises, everyone else drops, and I am thinking I could be up against a set now (most likely 4s, 7s, or 9s) but have watched this guy pump EVERYONE of his bigger (and not so bigger) draws so far. I go ahead and 3-bet hoping he was indeed pumping his flush draw and if he 4-bet, I'd still have my flush and boat outs unless he got quaded up. He just calls my 3-bet, so I'm thinking a draw, but we'll see what the river brings.

heads up now (pot 16ish BB)
river : 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Yahtzee I think to myself!)

I bet, he raises, and I'm happy as a clam.

We go 5 bets before he states that he is "just gonna call" because he doesn't want to bust my set of aces this way.

I flip, he cries, I cry 'cause I wanted more [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
He had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He said I was crazy for 3-betting the turn with "only 2 pair" [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I said.. "I know, I mis-read the board. I thought I already had the flush." The guy to my right let out a small chuckle and mumbled "riiiight" under his breath and told me nice hand. I had played with him every day so far this week and he sat next to me 3 of the 4 days. We had a nice chat about the hand about 20 minutes later when the guy left.

The people at Bay101 LOVE to chase their draws! I love it, but I have also seen many people get upset that a guy played 83s, but caught runner-runner to crack their As, Ks, whatever.