View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Calling all guitar players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the guitar and model? When did this start to happen? How many cents sharp is it?

It's quite odd to have the 2nd and 4th frets in tune, but the 3rd fret out (barring a fret problem). Did you try a new string? Sometimes kinks can cause small problems in the bass strings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Less than 2 hours on the current string, Gibson songbird acoustic. It's like an 1/8th of a step sharp, (rough guess).

Could this be a problem with the neck?

[/ QUOTE ]
What method of checking your tuning are you using, and are you sure the 4th fret is in tune and not sharp as well?

Also, did you change to a heavier gauge set of strings?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just using my ear, I have perfect pitch.

I actually just changed the E with a lower gauge than what I normally use. It was a loose spare I had lying around and I meant it as a temporary fix untill I change all my strings at once. All my other strings are real old and need to be replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, and the 2nd and 4th frets are perfectly in tune? If it were a neck problem, more than one fret would be affected. If it's an intonation problem (i.e., string gauge change), the same applies. If it's only one fret, it's either a fret problem or a kink in the string.