Thread: Bush
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Bush

The evidence is crystal clear that the administration saw 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq, not as a reason.

Pure semantics.

What evidence is there for that criticism of the administration’s handling of Iraq harms the morale of the troops?

because it plants the seed of doubt that, when the time comes to fund the war, that Congress may not take the appropriate steps to provide the means for victory.

The Democrats who voted to use force against Hussein did not vote for an occupation of Iraq.

Talk about nit-picking. Vote for force but then reserve the right to cop out when you don't agree with the tactics? Makes zero sense.

What they voted for was to user force to (1) defend the national security of the United States against the threat posed by Iraq; and (2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq.

And that is precisely what we are doing over there. Though I'd say the threat to the US is not just Iraq, but Iran as well. We need a base of operations against Iran.

This war has been brewing for most of our lifetime, Andy. We've ignored it, sticking our heads in the sand like the US did in the 30's with Germany, preferring to live in a dream world where a safe, peaceful world comes about because we wish it to be that way.

You're right. It's not Iraq that was the real threat to the US, but Iraq has always been a piece of the problem. Liberating Iraq from Saddam is not the end of the problem. It's just the first step.

I applaud Bush for taking a the first decisive step in making the world a better place for my grandson.