View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: AK - Vs. Reraise all in and a call

Since everyone else is changing their vote I hope allowed the luxury to do the same by changing my vote to call from push. I think we can assume the pusher either has a pocket pair around 9s and above and probably above or A K or A Qs and MAY BE A Js if he's a bad player. CO we must put on a pocket pair b/c if he had A K he pushes to move our hero out of the pot and hopes he hits something on the flop. So now what our hero has to decide, does he want to gamble about 45% of his remaining stack with A Ks. Personally I gamble b/c A Ks is a very good hand. If he does happen to lose he will have around 1300 in chips which is enough to still do some damage and make most players think (after all the pusher is doing that to our hero with a similiar amount). If you hit, you have a chance of doubling 2.5ing up...if that's a word...may five-halving up?? Anyways back to poker, pushing here is a bad idea b/c we can be almost certain CO has a pocket pair b/c he just cold called, if he raises, I would think AK or may be kings and is worried about you and your ace coming into the pot. If you push, I think he will call, still assuming he's 50/50 to win the pot although it will be dificult for him to fold. I think calling here is the best option. It doesn't pot commit you if you don't hit (8 out of 13 times) and if you do hit you can push and still get all your chips in the pot. With a pocket pair, he probably won't bet unless he gets a set or the flop comes all under cards in which case our hero should lay it down anyways. Calling here allows you to still move in here and get all your chips to the middle but also helps you stay in the tourney if you don't hit. I think my gut reactiion is to move all-in but with a little thought...calling is the much better option.