View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Re: AK - Vs. Reraise all in and a call

[ QUOTE ]

$10 + 1
About 270 runners, just before the first break we are at about 140 left.

My stack is 2800 - after getting up to 4500 in the first 20 minutes, I
have been card dead over the last 30, and gone back to an average stack.

Play at the table has been normal

Blinds are 75/150. Hero is UTG +1

Hero gets Dealt AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , and raises to 450.

MP raises all in to about 1350.

CO who has about 4500 left calls the 1350.

Hero's Move?

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I voted for call, but now I'm not so sure (and no it wasn't cuz I'm the only one who voted that way). I feel like if you push here CO will call, and AKs isn't that great of a hand 3 way, especially when you started this hand w/ ~19 BBs. I like calling and seeing the flop and CO's response to a check. If I don't hit a K/A/Flush draw and he pushes I'm out, but I think you've got a good chance of seeing what CO has on the flop by his actions. I think you have a chance of him checking the flop and maybe turn, which helps you draw a little. What I mean is, that CO probably isn't going to make a huge bluff on the flop. He knows that that will just make you fold (or call/push with a good hand), both of which are bad results for him. He also knows that if he bluffs, everyone will see his hand, and he probably doesn't want that, especially since the pusher can't fold so CO won't even win anyway. So basically, I think this hand is a chance for you to really outplay CO on the flop, and going all in is just too easy and is something you do if you don't feel comfortable with post flop play.

Donkeys always push.

I'd push any A or K on the flop, maybe even a flush draw and effectivly pull a stop and go.

I think its either call or fold, and I gues this really depends on my feel of the tourney. I think the really best move is to fold, there's a good chance that a pusher who raised all in an early raisor and a smooth caller, someone has hero beat. But it's a $10, so who knows, maybe if hero feels like gambling, he could call.