View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Do I have to bet this turn?

If I was sitting in your place, I would bet it, but wouldn't feel all that positive about it. If BB has QT, you are toast. If BB has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], you are buttered toast. And if BB has a better hand than you, he is not calling, he's check-raising. I would just check behind and call a river bet. Your turn check helps to convince BB that you are weak so he bets the river with worse hands. If you bet the turn, you risk a checkraise. If I were to bet this turn, it would be with the intention of folding to a raise. I would rather take a free card in the hopes that I can suck out if I'm behind or induce a bet from a worse hand on the river. If you are ahead on the turn, then giving a free card can't be all that devastating. Sure, a Q or T could pop up and give someone a straight, but there aren't too many of those cards left in the deck, especially considering the fact that the 3 of you together might have 2 or more of those cards.

I think I might be most scared of what SB has, since he cold called two on the flop. BB could have a lot of hands that you beat - QQ/TT/99/88 or he easily could have been betting his flush draw. Problem is the flush draw most likely contains an ace, like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Any other non-heart card besides the Ace would be a bet from me.