View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Has online poker ever caused you to break an expensive object?

The following is not a complete list, as I'm sure I am forgetting some things, but here's things I remember breaking either while, or due to, online play (both blackjack and poker)

Holes in wall (2 punches/palms, 1 kick, 2 by thrown TV remote, 4 by thrown chair (on bounce from ground) 20+ tiny ones by thrown pens)

Office chair in front of comp (now in 3 pieces, but reassembled, still works, but squeaks when turned)

Closet door (beaten gradually over time until it came off its hinges. Now, it's a walk-in closet.) <bedroom door also damaged, but not broken>

Mirror on dresser (good news! It's not 7 years' bad luck, only 7 days)<was trying to throw TV remote at wall, missed>

3 out of 4 drawsrs on computer desk

10+ CD Headphones (8 cheap, 2 expensive)

A few old videos (none I wanted to see again)

Bed (kicked repeatedly over time until one of the siderails holding up slats fell off. Mattress now being held up by piles of junk from new, and now more spacious, walk-in closet)

3 regular windows (1 by hand, 2 by thrown backscratcher)

1 pane of a Sears double-strength, double-pane window (unbreakable, my ***)

1 plastic patio chair (went outside to find something I never use to throw)

Toilet (took the lid off the tank <it was flushing weak, so had to pull the flapper manually>, instead of laying it down on the seat, slammed it down, broke into 16 pieces and gored the bowl in 2 places)

Thankfully, I've finally started to get better. Strangely though, even at my most irate, I've never harmed my mouse (or any other part of my computer).