View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Risky ace high turn raise in a PF capped pot

<font color="blue">
When this hand came up I was reminded of a play I've read/thought about but I haven't been in the correct situation to use it in a long while. It seems odd and I'm not entirely sure it's correct, so, I present it here. I'm going to break up the hand to give reads.
</font>

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>,

<font color="blue">MP is a 40/20 LAG over a small sample of 50 hands.</font>

<font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,

<font color="blue">Duh</font>

<font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>,

<font color="blue">Button is an unknown multitabling TAG that I've never seen before, and I've been playing this game all month. I only have 60 hands on him and he's 19/13 over this sample. His current WtSD is 18%. I'm guessing that he doesn't have a wide stealing range and I haven't seem him act up post-flop. So I'm thinking of him as a weak-tightie.</font>

SB calls,

<font color="blue">SB is a multitabling T/LAG. We've played about 1400 hands together. His stats are pretty odd. 31/14. Let me bring up a hand I played against him a few minutes prior to this.

I raise 88 UTG, he cold-calls UTG+1. A bad player in the BB calls. Flop is some cards: Check, I bet, call, call. Turn. By now there are 2 playing zone cards and a 9 on the board. I check, UTG+1 bets, BB calls. I figure I'm screwed and fold, UTG+1 prob coldcalled with QJ, KQ or some sh!t, and BB will call down w/ any part of the board anyway. River, UTG+1 bets, BB calls, UTG+1 shows 44.

That takes some gall to do with such a scary board, and his VPIP is pretty high but his PFR is only 14%, so I think he's pretty loose when it comes down to calling raises. He sees me as a 22/15 if he has a stats program, and prob. sees me as not tricky.
</font>

<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue">Call four cold and donk? great. but I get the feeling that SB would bet any cards that he called PF here.</font>

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

<font color="blue">Here it is. Pot is getting pretty sizeable. I don't really trust SB. I think button is weak tight. I raise in attempt to knock button off overcard hands that might have 6 outs to chop or 3 outs to chop and 3 to win. I think if button had an overpair it's pretty likely I would have heard about it on the flop.

Am I worthy of flames, accolades, or is this utterly boring?</font>