View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Borg 10/25 - If you are a LAG

I play a fairly LAG style, and this weekend showed a couple of big laydowns...in general do people think it helps or hurts?...i'll give an example of the laydown, and then how i think it helped

I have about 5k, villian has me covered...2 limpers to villian on button (very ABC nothing really out of line in 2-3 hours of play) who raises to 150...i call with A6s (loose i know, thought i might get the limpers to come along..both limpers folded)...flop comes AA10...i check, button bets 250, and i call...the turn is a K...i check and the buttons think for a while and bets 600...i get a queasy feeling about where the hand is headed, show him the A, and fold...curious what people think of the hand, and the fact that i showed.

About 45 mins later, my stack is about 7k and a NEW villian (he definitely saw the last hand and took note)has me covered...this villian has played back at me a couple of times and i have folded after putting in big bets...anyway, couple of limpers to me on button with Q8h...i raise to 150, villian calls in BB, everyone else folds...flop comes K 7 9 rainbow...BB checks, i bet 200, and he thinks and calls...turn is K (suit not important)...villain leads out for 300...my read was that he was trying to make a move, so i minraised to 600...villian thinks and calls...river is a J...villian leads out for 500...i think for about a minute and raise it to 2500...villian thinks ad thinks and folds...comments?