View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Very taboo. What do I do?

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't take offense to it, just don't try to make believe that you are doing it out of respect.

I think guys might be missing my point a little. I like it when people do things like that. It is mostly done by weak players and it gives me more information about you and how you play. Yes very strong players do it occasionally but only when they are trying to set you up for a play later on. You will never ever get me to believe that you are showing one card out of respect.

Remember the OP is in a $5-10 game and is much more likely to be a tool than a world class player.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, you play at the 5-10 level (or comparable), so the same "much more likely to be a tool" comment could be (aptly) applied to you, too, I would think. Think what you want, but the OP was doing the folder a courtesy of showing him he was right to fold. A fish that is happy is one who will stay longer and lose more to you. And keeping a table full of fish happy (by showing them that you did have the goods) keeps them happy too. Never a bad thing. If you feel disrespected to see only one card, I think that's your issue, and you should keep your twisted nit views to yourself. Nit.