View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Beginning MTH v2

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, here's an idea. A lot of people here use the 2001fp too, so this will be extra nice for them.

From what I've noticed it seems that your program swaps the active table with the next table in the queue as soon as an action has been taken. I use it 8 tabling sngs right now, so for purpose of discussion, let's lable the positions as follows (with a half-assed screen diagram)

1.(5)...2.(6)
3.(7)...4.(8)

where the numbers in parantheses are behind the other numbers.

So, instead of swapping the table in position 1 with the table in position 7 when it's up, what if you rotate 7 to 1, 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and so on. Assuming this would keep recent tables on the top layer of screen, it would be a lot easier to follow the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually implemented this in v1 in the beginning. The tables would slowly move further and further away from the active table, as new tables became active - and inactive. It didn't work very well though. When multiple tables lay on top of each others, they would constantly swap places by themselves. Party activates the windows constantly at weird places, when a new hand is dealt and so forth. So it really just ended up with a lot of code resulting in no real use.

I'm thinking about somehow giving each table a unique color, and then overlaying this color on the title bar, to indicate the tables color. Then you could press the color on some kind of "taskbar", which would result in the corresponding window going to the top so you could follow the action.

Another solution i worked with involved making some API calls forcing the most recent windows to become topmost, meaning that no window could be placed on top of it. It actually worked great, until MTH crashed for some reason (which does, and will happen if we're realistic), then those tables would persist their topmost status, meaning that you suddenly had some tables that covered a lot of the screen, and no matter what, you couldn't hide them, you had to close them. Obviously that wasn't a stable solution [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]