View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Hey, I found a leak! Now what?

wow...i'm not quite sure you understand how this works.

You are a slight favorite with an OPEN ENDED straight/flush draw. Not one of these is an example of that. They are all gut shot straight flush draws. That is difference one.

hand 1 - take the free card on the turn, you have nothing, try to improve here....you are a signficant dog here now on the turn.

hand 2 - just call the bet again, you have nothing and aren't a favorite to improve...plus that paired board could mean he has a full house anyway.

hand 3 - Maybe the worst push i've ever seen on the turn. I'd bet about half the pot here hoping he just calls and doesn't raise.

You need to understand that a semi-bluff works in a couple of ways. It can win when your opponents fold, or it can win when you make your hand....but both ways of winning have to be possible for it to work. In a couple of these examples, your opponent is not folding for that last little bit of money he has. You have zero fold equity in hands 1 and 2...zero....as in the first way a semi bluff can win is out...so then it comes down to pot odds only, you are going to have to make your hands to win these....don't raise. Hand 3 you at least have some fold equity but overbetting the pot is stupid with nothing IMO. Now hopefully you reloaded at these tables and took advantage of your donkey image and pushed some hands with the nuts and got called.