View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 01:08 AM

Default What a beautiful set up

I had been getting massacred tonight in 1/2 NL. I was down about 130 (1.5 of my small buy-ins).

So I start this run with a stack of about... 150

Hand 1)
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in SB. Unknown button (covers) limps, I raise to 8$, he calls.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
-- I bet 12$, he folds

Hand 2)
I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on button. Effective stacks 100 (donk has 90 now)
MP1 raises to 8$, MP2 (loose caller) calls, I call, others fold

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- both check, I bet 15$, both fold.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in CO. My stack 180, donk 100.

UTG limps, donk raises to 7$, I call, UTG calls

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-- Checked to me, I bet 15$, donk calls
--pot 50

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-- Donk checks, I check

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
-- Donk checks, I bet 25$, donk calls

MHIG.

MY stack now about 210.

donk's is at 80. I now get K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP3. Donk limps from early, and both the CO and button are deep stacks that like to see flops. Seeing as my table image is probably that of a bluffer/maniac (although I've had legit. hands every time), I sense a HUGE raise would be best.

So I open raise for 28$ and 93 cents. Both CO and Button cold call, and all the sudden the donk limp raises all in! I pray neither of the guys behind me has AA, and shove.

They fold, donk shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and I thank god for fish as I stack his chips.

The point is: be aware of your table image, and how your opponents likely perceive you! The fact that I flopped 3 good hands in a row let me get 2 cold callers of 15xBB with KK, and a fish to limp raise me all in.