View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 11:13 PM

Default A Clarkmeister Play: The Ace High

The table is your typical donkfest, SB is a tight passive player who will call down with top pair and will only raise trips and better. Button is lag-ish, and I have seen him semi bluff his draws with not enough equity plenty of times (as of this hand he is 8/9 for semi bluffs).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

This is probably my biggest problem, I would have folded to a three bet but the fact that he is sort of a LAG, that was entirely possible, but even donks realize a power play like a c/r on the turn (How do I know this? Because they love this play!). I would have lost the same amount if I were to call down, but win one less BB without this turn play.

Comments?

River: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Though villain is LAGish, I thought that if he had a pair he would want to show it down. He didn't seem like the type to value bet. I concluded that this was probably a busted draw bet.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

This hand was inspired by Clarkmeister's older hand with a calldown with AK. The only reason I could come up with in this hand is that this pot is just too small.