View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Ugly, indecisive TT hand

[ QUOTE ]
With respect to PF, I might just have called, unless I thought MP2 was going to fold rather than call two more. However, I certainly won't fault you for three-betting there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I don't know. I thought it was an easy 3-bet. I'm up against a super-loose limper and an LP raise from a tighter player (which could be an iso-raise). I'll usually have the best hand here, and my thinking was that I should 3-bet for value. (When MP2 limp-capped, I thought, "Cool. See you guys on the flop.")

[ QUOTE ]
However, I'm folding the flop. There are two overcards to your pair, and you not only have MP2 betting but CO calling, despite the CO having to realize that you could be winding up to checkraise a flopped monster. I think that the odds are great that you are behind already.

[/ QUOTE ]

When CO called, I put him on AT/AJ.

[ QUOTE ]
Moreover, I'm definately folding this turn. Indeed, especially since the flush draw just hit, I find it difficult to believe that you could actually be ahead. Furthermore, if you are behind you are drawing to only one clean out...yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

When CO called again on the turn, I thought, "Yep. AT/AJ." (Some hand that contains a heart is also possible, and I guess something like 88 is as well, but I was thinking narrowly.) I wasn't giving anyone credit for a made flush, though.

I was more worried at this point about the LAG than I was about the CO. The LAG could easily have some crappy king or some crappy queen.

[ QUOTE ]
I won't even comment on the river since there is no way I would have ever been in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ordinarily I wouldn't be either, but I thought MP2's bets were basically information-free. And, on the flop and turn, I liked the information I was getting from CO (though I would have preferred for him to fold).

I really expected CO to fold on the river blank.