View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: How would you play this? AKs NL 400

Kowalski, I think you should look at my first post.

I understand you are out of position on this hand, but for goodness sake you pick up Ace King suited, I don't know about you but when I have A-K I'm hoping someone raises the pot so I can reraise them about 3 times the size of their raise and than hopefully get called and see a flop.

When the flop came out with low cards, like it did, bottom line man you just missed played this hand, if you aren't willing to reraise with A-Ks what hand are you willing to raise with? Had you raised you'd know more information about the strength of the button's hand, but as it is he could have easily raised from the button with 10,9s hit top pair and been willing to raise you off the pot.

Also when he made that $78 bet he stole your thunder, now you can't call it because you don't have the correct pot odds. He obviously didn't want to see another diamond come out on the river. Had you made that bet first, he would have been hard pressed to call it with only top pair a 9 (I'm assuming that's all he had) especially if you had been "representing" a monster pair from the begining.

No worries, live and learn, don't make that mistake next time.