View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 03:34 PM

Default 500-1000 NL live vs. Phil Ivey

We've been playing about twenty minutes and I'm up about $250,000 after I doubled through Phil's aces with my 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] when we got it all-in PF. Phil's steaming because I told him that he's dead money and that he should go back to Atlantic City and grind it out on the fifty cent tables because he can't handle my game.

Anyways, Phil's got about $750,000 in front and I cover with $500,000 and my mortgage and car titles behind me, plus the rites to my first born male child just in case.

I'm the button with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Phil makes it $45,000 to go, and I re-raise to $150,000. Phil moves all-in and I insta-call. Phil shows 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and I pat myself on the back for making a killer read.

Flop

2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I walk over to the other side of the table and start putting Phil's chips in racks and I ask him if he wants to keep playing, fish.

Phil re-loads and we're HU again.

I raise from the Button again without looking at my cards, and Phil moves all-in. I insta-call because I can tell he's bluffing. With a board of 2 5 9 Q J, my nine deuce snaps Ivey's KK and I laugh and tell him how bad he played the hand.

Anyways, I felt sorry for Phil so I flipped him a couple of white chips and told him to get a drink.

Tex