Thread: Hand...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Hand...

[ QUOTE ]
99.9% of the aggressive stealers I've played against would either bet or checkraise this turn with a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, many would. But your hyperbole is too much. There's a decent subset of these players who will ck-cl the the turn planning on C/Ring any river (flush or otherwise), IMHO.

[ QUOTE ]
If they have those hands they usually want to showdown with them for cheap. I see no reason why they would checkraise the river, they probably think there is a decent chance they are good and just want to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no reason why they would want to do so either without a read on Krishan that is inaccurate (i.e., that he's no good and will call the river C/R with goofy stuff). But because I don't see why they would, doesn't mean that they don't have a reason. You don't think aggressive guys try and get an extra bet from a (presumably) unknown instead of just looking to SD a possible winner? I think that's more likely with a naked 5, but think you'll see this line from Ax a lot, and from a J sometimes, and from a PP often enough not to dismiss ot from the range.

Do you agree with Stellar that an unknown's range given the action and board makes reraising out of the question?