View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 11:14 AM

Default PLO Tournament hand - \"Punishing\" the big hand

I'm just starting to pick up PLO in some spare time, after coming from a hold'em background (rare, huh). I think that I played this hand too much like a HE hand, and without the necessary thought as to any draws/redraws. Opinions are welcome - thanks!

$5 PLO Tournament, about 100 players to start, blinds now 200/400. Stacks are right about tournament average (exact #s may be a little off, due to terrible c-n-p job on hand history).

Hero is CO with [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T
Blinds 200-400

UTG raises to 1000
UTG+1 folds
MP1 folds
MP2 folds
MP3 folds
Hero calls 1000 (?)
Folds around

At this point, the only read on UTG is that he is a solid, albeit timid, player, only raising with big pairs and not with large wraps - again, labeling as 'timid' may be from the HE perspective. I'm worried about Aces, obviously, here.

Flop comes [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4

UTG raises 600 (??)
Hero raises all-in for ~3800
UTG calls all-in for ~3000

Turn comes [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2

River comes [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8

How is this line? Am I working too hard to "punish" the draw here? Even with 'just' aces and the flush draw, he's nearing that magical 13 outs . . . Should I push with top set here? Help!