View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: What if everyone on the bubble is playing *gasp* ..correctly?

[ QUOTE ]
ive played 10s of thousands of sngs, and never in my life have i found 4 players together that all play the bubble perfectly by icm. not once. ever. at least one of them will make an incorrect call at some point. dont let it bet you. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. The fact that they're all pushing or folding does not mean that they are playing 'correctly'. They can still be making -EV plays.

Some people say they play the bubble (almost) perfectly (raptor among others), but do you know how hard that is? I sometimes mess with SNGPT and try to figure out exactly what hands you can push in what situations, but there are *SO* many situations. First of all, and most importantly, the call ranges of opponents have a huge influence on your push range. Every player has a different call range (and you can never know it exactly). Besides that the distribution of chips is also very important, and your hand. You can make so many combinations of these three things that there are millions of different situations. It's hard to know which hands to push exactly. Also, T3o might be worse than 65s (don't know if this is correct, just an example), while that can be counter intuitive.

Of course, there's a logic behind it all. If you know you can push hand XY in one situation, you also know you can push it in many other situations. But still, perfect bubble play is not as easy as some people think it is.

I hope I made sense.