View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Please help me explain how multi-tabling can be profitable...

I think it does depend on your style of play. I can imagine that if you're a maniac LAG that has to base most of his poker on reads, then multi-tabling I can imagine must be very tough.

However, I play at low limits, I consider myself a tight player and I think very little of my profit comes from making great reads. If i get the same hand against a similar player, I'll probably play it the exact same way both times. Against good players this is obviously not the way to do things, but at $100 buy-ins, there are very few good players. So if i play poker just on the strength of my hand, it really doesnt matter how many tables I play at once.

I think the key thing is that multi tabling might decrease your BB/100 slightly, but if you're playing a lot more hands, you're still making more profit by multitabling. eg. say you have a 4 BB/100 winrate if you 1 table and a 2 BB/100 winrate if you 4 table, then it is clearly more profitable to 4table as in an hour period, on average, you are winning more money.

As for not having reads, you can still make notes and use PT and game time to help work out what kind of players you are up against.