View Single Post
Old 09-15-2002, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Omaha 8ob: Win %?

Tman - Allow me to apologize for addressing my response to "Bob."

My eyesight is sometimes fuzzy and I mis-read Omama 8oB:Win % as "Omaha Bob:Win %."

Thanks for the great response. That is exactly the kind of information I am looking for. I've been playing the 0.50/1.00 Omaha 8ob, which doesn't get raised much preflop. I'm seeing about 40% of flops, which includes almost always the big blind for about 10%. I feel my hand selection is strong, and I win 65-70% of showdowns. But my results are meager. Once, my games won (of total dealt) reached 11% and I had a great session. That's what prompted my question. As a follow-up, is the 40% of flops seen too high?

You're welcome.

After you take out your big blinds, you're really only voluntarily seeing 30% of the flops. That might be too loose for some games, but I don't think it's too loose for the game in which you're playing.

Your 11% session might have been one where you caught more than your share of good cards. Everybody has sessions where they catch more good cards than usual. Alas, they are usually balanced by sessions where the opposite is true. When the cards aren't running your way, just keep playing your game and stay alert to your opponents, rather than trying to force it by playing hands you shouldn't. You can't win much in the kind of passive game in which you're playing, but then if you play sensibly, which it sounds like you're doing, you can't lose much either.

Just my opinion.

Buzz