View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: 30-60 River Decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The 2+2 responses have been "call the river", "call the river" and "go to the small stakes forum."

Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh, you're not gonna like this one bit: Call the river.

Whatever reasons you give for your call on the turn (ie, "It was just a bad call"), what the call shows is that even you don't really have faith in this read you say you have. If your read isn't strong enough to fold the turn, it sure isn't strong enough to fold the river when the pot is two bets bigger and the board cards haven't gotten any uglier. Therefore, call the river.

I don't see folding the river without a super read. If you had a super read, you wouldn't have evev seen the river. Ergo, you don't have a super read. QED, E. Pluribus Unum, Vox Populi, 10-4, over and out. Call the river.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

The dark side of this thread.........he did have a "super-read" and did not act on it. That is what is so much more fullfilling about live play: Studying your player while not in a hand, getting inside their heads, picking up their betting patterns and the level of aggressiveness, maybe a tell or two, and then: Saving bets based upon the information you gained from your hard work. That is what live poker is all about.

When I go home from a six hour session, having saved a few BB's by not making calls, or earned a few extra by playing a player just right, well, that puts as big a smile on my face as my overall win.