View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Level 2 thinking: watching the affiliates watch you

[ QUOTE ]
Getting Sen. Kyl to take an axe to affiliate marking is an awful idea. 2p2 thinking players may not like the idea of affiliates free-riding on their rake, but let's face it, these guys do a service to the 2p2 community by bringing dead money to the game. If somehow affiliate marketing by US-based affiliates became a cause celebre for the anti-gambling forces, make no mistake: our games would get worse. Short answer: Don't be an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but affiliates in the U.S. could easily be crucified by Kyl since he could tie in their income coming from an illegal entity. It would give him something to do at least.

Feel free to email him your views. He's from my district and he has never replied to me about this issue. I told him please don't ban online poker as it's my quadraplegics son only source of income. I asked him if he really wanted to take away the livlihood of disabled people. I told him if he ever got his bill close to passing I would wheel my son to the senate doorstep and have him speak of how wonderful online poker is for quads. Then have him cry and call Jon Kyl the Devil.