View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: is this forum going to hell?

I too have had suspicions that the this forum is going downhill as well. While I have posted more in the last two weeks than I ever have, I am realtively inexperienced and feel like my contribution is minimal, particularly taken in light in some of the excellent posters that have taken time to share their thoughts in the past. To be honest, these days I spend more time reading users old posts than any of the new stuff. One thing I know will improve the forum is removing ones ego from his/her post. As OP suggests, if we treated out posts as an oppurtunity to exchange ideas in the hope of reasoning a better, or more optimal approach to a situation instead of a ego war about who is right, we all would benefit. Admittedly, a dialogue predicated on the idea that ones post is not absolutely correct may be counterintuitive to many of us (I will be the first to admit I am guilty of this line of thought); however, if we can accept we have much to learn from each other and through discourse we can improve our game, I think we could be on the path to improving the forum. Just my thoughts....i am probably rambling, i feel like i do that often...