View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 05:27 PM

Default is this forum going to hell?

El Diablo sent me a PM earlier today that got me thinking. It was in reference to an earlier thread where he took the time to give me some advice that I already knew the answer to. I was basically posting to reaffirm that I had played correctly but the post was pretty much useless.

But more than that, Diablo seems annoyed that the quality and level or the threads of the posts on this forum have been steadily deteriorating. Anyway, I guess he feels that it’s not worth his time trying to help people here anymore since there’s so much crap and for the time being is not posting. Who can blame him? I’m guilty from time to time as are most of us. There are very few members that post useful information on a consistent basis. (this post names a few of them)
Anyway, if the forum continues to deteriorate, the good posters will stop posting here. Here are a few suggestions that I think might make this a better forum:

1. Think before you post. Usually when I post crap it’s because I did not carefully read the OP carefully or I did not think long before answering.
2. Stop being so arrogant…Many of us make bold statements as if they are facts. Often times the advice is ignorant and simply wrong. There are very few of us that are smart enough or experienced enough or solid enough players to be so bold. And often times it’s a matter of opinion. Don’t pretend you know everything.
3. Remember what forum you are in and respect that! The seasoned players don’t want to read a catchy title and open your post only to find out it’s a bad beat story about some donk in a 1-2 NLHE game. There are other forums for that.
4. Make your posts readable. Never post the hand history from online when it’s pretty easy to use the hand converter.

Okay, that’s what jumps out at me. Please feel free to add others. I have probably been guilty of all of the above but will try to improve the level of my posts in the future.

Oh, and sorry if you found this post gay...I was bored and figured it needed to be said.