View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Cold Call 3 and Chase; Bet Sklansky Didn\'t Teach This!

Fairly Loose and Aggressive 2/4 game. The table is a mix of LPPs and LAGs (somehwat LA-N (postflop)). UTG and UTG+2 are a little loose and aggressive preflop. Everyone else is generally loose preflop and quite passive postflop.

Here we go.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

With the everyone and their mom calling the 3 bet, I think the implied odds justify a 3 bet cold call (with position). Anyone disagree?

Flop: (19.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Flop missed - while I don't close the action, I only have to worry about UTG (which could be check raising I suppose). I decide to call given a gizzilion in the pot (ok, 20:1 is not bad). Comments here? UTG+2 smells like an overpair or at least big cards, whereas god knows what all the other LPPs have.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

The 4 gives me more outs, although the the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] outs are dirty. so I have a 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (maybe), 2 2s and 2 7s. for maybe 5 outs. Although some connectors could be drawing to higher straight. Can you fold here or does the pot size drag you along for one more street?

River: (15.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

The 5 comes I get lucky?, not entirely comfortable with this (77 beats me here). MP2 comes alive. I call hoping for overcalls since I'm not sure if I'm ahead. A raise would probably play UTG+2 and MP1 out and I'd hate to be 3 bet. Like the river call?

Comments please on this somewhat uneasy hand!

I fully expect some "fold preflop" responses [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Final Pot: 18.75 BB