View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: What is standard here? PF Question

[ QUOTE ]
You have K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. 2 players have limped, the SB completes. My standard line is to raise here. Though I am OOP, I figure juice the pot with a pretty good TPTK-type hand.

1)Is there a good reason why I shouldn't be doing this?

2)How many limpers before this is a check?

3)88-TT?

4)For non-paired starting hands, how low do you go? A9s? QJo?

I have PF rules here, but I'm not always comfortable with an aggressive line here. Would like to know how others approach this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im probably too tight out of the BB, but I'll list my default strategy, with 3 people committed like in your example I would raise, AQo,AKo,AJs,ATs,KJs,KQs,QQ,KK,AA.
With 2 people committed, I would also raise AJo, and KQo,JJ,TT. With JJ or TT I raise against 2 or less opponents and 5 or more. With 99 and 88, I raise against 1 or less or 5 and more. With 4 opponents or more committed I will also raise with JTs,QJs. And of course with even more opponents I will raise with hands like Axs,and any pocket pair, and sometimes hands like 109s, or 98s. So to answer your questions: 1) I see nothing inherently wrong with your raise against 3 opponents as long as you dont always make that continuation bet. If you are firing on T96 type of flops after raising with KQ or AJ then youre just giving your money away. 2) I usually check after 3 limpers
3) Already answered in my explanations. 4)KQo and ATs is usually as low as i go for those categories. Lastly everything I have stated is subject to change depending how loose my opponents are, how well they play post flop, and what they think of me. Feel free to criticize me if im too tight.