View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Avatar pushing the limits....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you think of any living people for whom the Confederate flag has positive connotation?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are millions. All you have to do is travel south of the Mason-Dixon line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh, if you couldn't tell the point of this question was regarding experience and not just traditional opinions passed down through environment then you're an idiot. If you could tell that and you just felt like being an idiot then you succeeded. Since I'm sure proving me wrong would be the best thing since the last Harry Potter book for you, why don't you make up some absurd example where the Confederate flag (not someone else's opinion of the Confederate flag) has had a positive impact on someone's life.

Maybe one time a guy's shirt caught on fire and his buddy, thinking on his feet, quickly extinguished it using a Confederate flag. Then that guy, the burned one, for the rest of his life, would feel rightfully indebted to all that the flag represented.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think people that like it because it's a fun thing to wave around in their backyard while their dad bangs their sister count in this instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good example of genuine racism.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dyanasty, stop being an idiot. How is this racist? What race am I being prejudice towards? White people? I'm white. I don't think this about myself; I don't even HAVE a sister! If ANYTHING it's geographist. But that's not a word, so it can't be that.