Thread: Audible.com
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Audible.com

[ QUOTE ]
I am a monthly subscriber to Audible.com and like the service.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you are an "AudibleListener"? The specifics of their subscriber service seem very unclear to me after perusing their website. How much do you save versus being a traditional pay-per-product user? How much content are you allowed to get? What if you want more content than comes with your subscription? Can you transfer the content between devices at will, or are their copy-protection barriers that inconvience you from doing so?

[ QUOTE ]
I have a treo 650 Palm phone and download the books to it. This was I can listen to them anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a "bad idea" to use headphones while driving isn't it? My car doesn't have any interface for external devices to deliver audio through the car speakers, so either I'd need to an MP3 player with an external speaker, burn my own audio CDs, use one of those headphone-to-tape convertors , or modify/install something in my car stereo. I'm not sure which I'll do yet. The fact that they give you an MP3 player free for signing up leans me in the cassette-adapter direction.