View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: My First Hand Posting in the STT Forum!!1!

[ QUOTE ]
Bry, is there nothing else you'd consider here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. Other factors include the small stack UTG who will almost be blinded off in the next two hands. In addition, we have a BB left to act who has a nice stack.

If we call, we're going to miss the flop roughly 2/3 of the time and end up folding. This will leave us with 1225. The BB will probably end up all in HU with someone on the next hand. Some % of the time they're going to double up. 30%-40% a reasonable guess? Now we're evenly stacked and the blinds are hitting us. I hate that.

The other reason I push is because I think we have FE. Why do players min raise? Often it's because they don't want to risk their whole stack. Occasionally it's a to trap with a big hand. Could possibly be he likes his hand enough to play it for all our chips, but not the big stack next to us. If he's been doing it a moderate amount, I figure there's a good chance he's weak. Even if he's not weak, it's still very likely we have the best hand. One concern is the pot odds we're offering. If he's a good enough player that he never folds getting over 2:1 on his chips, then pushing isn't as favorable.