View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: 94% of Americans believe God Exists

I don't think this poll could possibly accurate. I know I don't just happen never to talk to 94% of Americans. Furthermore, in reality, it is way way easier and often more convenient for an Atheist to say he believes in god than the other way around, even on a poll. And, most Atheists wouldn't take the time to finish that poll..... ie click mmmmmmmmm. whereas religous people have a vested interest in telling other people that they are religous. I know a respected polling group like Gallup is always trying to find the wording of a question that most accurately describes how the people en mass feel (sarcasm) but between vested interests, ignorance of what the poll results mean (notice the question was asked do you believe god "does not exist" whereas, "do you believe in god?" would get different responses, and, in reality the answeres "no" and "maybe" both equal no to the last question since not affirming = not believing) and incorrectly assuming an even distributiton of people responding vs. not responding, they are far far far out on that limb.