View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: When do you move down/what do you do?

[ QUOTE ]
Cut back on the tables and/or stakes until you "get your groove back"..(you know what I mean).

[/ QUOTE ]

All the advice pertaining to getting through downswings is really just advice on how to be in a good mental place.

Downswings just rip on our emotional state (especially before we're used to them. I imagine someone with 300k+ hands is used to them and doesn't worry much if at all anymore). If we can find a way to not let the decrease in winnings negatively affect our play, then we can avoid getting into less profitable situations like moving down in limits or playing fewer tables.

I actually tend to play more tables when I'm losing so to make up my lost money in less time. I told myself I'd play fewer tables today, but it just didn't seem to make any sense. I know I'm a winning player. I am confident that I can win the most by playing x tables. I can't justify playing any fewer than x tables.

The advice that makes our poker experience easier on our psychological state is typically good advice, but it's more of a work around than a solution.

Teach a man to fish. Grind your way through it.

--
for 6max, I wouldn't feel comfortable playing with <500BB for my limit though. I understand why the high limit pros don't like having <1000BB.