View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: How do you wind down after a session?

[ QUOTE ]
I live in the UK, so I play late at night/early morning. I'm sure many of you out there do. Therefore, after a session it's usually time for bed. However, my brain is still buzzing from all the thousands of decisions I've just made and I find it hard to sleep. Sometimes I just don't bother sleeping at all (like right now), which is obviously hazardous to your health!

Suggestions? (please keep the sarcastic replies to a minimun unless it's really funny [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You just described my nightly dilemma in a nutshell. Mega... you a working man? In college? HS? Unemployed? Just curious if you share my plight.

I really think you need to give yourself at least an hour buffer between finishing up a session and bedtime. I have found that if I try to hit the sack immediately, I end up just popping out of bed after rolling around in my own self-analysis for an hour and pouring my heart out on 2p2.

For me... a good hour of SportsCenter winds me down. Pretty much an hour of anything NOT poker will aid my sleep. I have also found little success with trying to read myself to sleep with rereads HoH or SSHE, as this just gets me in the poker mood again.

If all else fails, PM me, and we can have a nightly argument to wind down [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh wait, different time zones, that won't work.