View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Punishing limpers

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is fine as long as UTG isn't a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why you think UTG would have to be a donkey to make this a dangerous play. I usually limp UTG with JJ and AQ, and I would limp-reraise over a short-stack's push with both of those hands if there were several limpers beind me. I sometimes limp with AA and AK UTG, too, more as I play for higher stakes. (Of course, some people call me a donkey, but I console myself by rolling around in large piles of money won playing poker in ways that make sense to me, but not my opponents.)

I think the real donkey-play would be to limp with a low pair like 44, then put me on AK and call a push. I'm not so worried about this with Q7, but I suppose it is an argument for not having a low card in my hand when I make this push.

[ QUOTE ]

Although asking for input on this forum is a little odd, 95% of the posters here never have a stack that small.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't really posting for information. I posted it for discussion, since I thought this was an interesting hand. It illustrates an advantage of a short stack few cash game players have considered carefully.

I think many people have had a stack this short after losing a big pot. It may be that instead of thinking about how to play with a short stack well, they immediately reload.